Saturday, September 1, 2012

Holiday!

Its a holiday in our house today. Not because its a long weekend or because its season opener of my alma mater. Today is one of my favorite holidays b/c I get to celebrate the life of my sister. Michelle was a God-send. I know that God puts all people in our life, but this relationship has truly been one that I continue to see the "why" of it. I'm so thankful that it wasn't a friendship that was "seasonal", but one for our lifetime because I honestly couldn't do life without her. :)
Two years ago, I blogged 5 things I love most about her and then last year I wrote our top 10 inside "stuff". So, in honor of her birthday, I'll continue with the lists.

She thought of and started our Annual Girls Trips, so here is a list of the trips we've taken and just a few memories from them:
     1. Eureka Springs, 2007. Listening to The Fray the entire time! This is the ONLY trip we've taken that she hasn't been pregnant or had a baby! hahaha! I JUST realized that when writing! :)
     2. Marco Island, FL, 2008. She loved me through a really hard season that just happened to peak at this trip. However, we bonded on this trip as well and we had some AMAZING seafood!
     3. Dallas, TX, 2009. Traveled with a baby for the first time. Shopped for my wedding! Enjoyed AWESOME food...Fogo de Chao, Bucca de Beppo and sushi.
     4. Fort Worth, TX, 2010. Took the train ride there. Walked everywhere! Had great food and lots of fun!!! This was probably my favorite trip we've taken, but I can't speak for her.
     5. Eureka Springs, 2011. In honor of our 5th trip we returned to where we started. Stayed on the lake. Watched HOURS of Dawson's Creek and talked like we hadn't seen each other in years. Yummy food and unforgettable experiences with Jude.
     6. Tulsa/OKC, 2012. This year, we did something a little different. With the AWESOME surprise that little Evi was, we stayed close to home and took in some women's conferences: Extraordinary Women in Tulsa and Girlfriends Weekend in OKC. It was fun, but we learned that we don't like having a schedule, so we're ready to hit the road again in 2013.

For everyone else, here are 10 things you may not know about Michelle:
1. She never has to work out and she always looks like she has. Ridiculous!
2. She never liked cats until she met Dexter (the cat I had after college). Dexter changed her life.
3. She's was "Pulp"
4. She's a master-crafter. She can make ANYTHING!
5. She has the gift of encouragement. She will help you implement any idea you have and will do the footwork with you.
6. She has a magic finger, but its been broken for as long as I've known her :)
7. She's an incredible party planner. Not just kids parties, but anything!!!
8. She's an awesome cook - my favorites are her ginger rice and her garlic chicken. OH MY GOSH! So good!!!
9. She loves to clean! Not kidding. Vacuuming is her favorite, but cleaning is like a stress-relief to her.
10. She's the strongest woman I know. Seriously.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sweet Sister! I love you more than you know!!! I pray your birthday is filled with blessings and is better than any you've ever had! :)

2 comments:

mlc said...

Ugh... you suck! That made me laugh and cry at the same time and it is NOT pretty!!!!! I absolutely love looking back over our friendship! It's so fun to remember all the little details that have woven themselves into our history... totally forgot about listening to the FRAY! Too funny! Soooo grateful for every second of the past eight years with you! La, la!

Judith and Lance said...

Love this post and am so glad you have each other. It's funny b/c I feel like I know Michele and most of the things you typed about her I kind of already knew. You girls are a blessing to me!