Happy 1st Birthday, Sweet Evi!!!!
I honestly cannot believe its been one year since my phone rang early in the morning to hear best sister's voice saying, "its time!". I got up and showered knowing I had time before your arrival b/c your mom had just gotten into her room.I was JUST leaving my house when the 2nd call came....its almost time!!! WHAT?!?!??
I was FLYING!!!
Once I got to Guthrie, I started to worry. Not only was I praying I wouldn't miss your arrival, but I was praying for safety. It started raining HARD. And, we were under tornado watches. It was a scary view of the sky and I was just hoping to get past the storm.
I pulled into the hospital and got up to your momma's room as fast as I could. Thankfully, I made it in time.
It was a crazy time waiting for you. Your mom's epidural didn't take and the doctor almost missed getting there. I remember the nurses going to the window looking for Dr. W's car. (And, I have to say she was taking her time showering and getting ready as well b/c she didn't think you'd come as quickly as you did).
You had your own agenda and were ready no matter who was there.
Despite the intensity in the room, you finally came and brought a smile to everyone's face. You looked like your daddy and were just beautiful and perfect!
You are one of the happiest babies I've known. You have a smile that is contagious and lights up the room.
I can already see your strong independence, which will bring tears to your momma's eyes and drive her crazy at the same time. However, that will can be a beautiful trait as long as you give to the Lord.
I'm so thankful for your precious life. Your momma hoped and prayed for you...and I was right along side of her in those prayers.
I know you will not remember this day, but for me, May 1st is more beautiful now than ever!!!
Love you, Evi!
~Aunt Beth



1 comment:
Made me cry! Thank you for loving my sweet Evi as much as I do! I am so crazy about her and can't wait to see God's plan for her! La, la!
Post a Comment