Running the Race....
I chose this as my blog title because I think its fitting for life.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
Hebrews 12:1-3
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
We are running a race everyday to receive the prize! What prize?
The prize is not our salvation! We are secure in our salvation knowing and believing that Christ died on the cross, once and for all, for our sin. The moment we believe we receive eternal life salvation! We don't have to be "trying" on a daily basis to deserve our salvation. That can't be gained!!! We are sinful...we can't do anything for it...nor should we try. Thats the AMAZING thing about grace! Its completely free to the undeserving! Praise the Lord that we do not have to be "good enough" to get into heaven. Its by GRACE ALONE through FAITH ALONE in CHRIST ALONE!!!!! Galatians 2:21 states, "I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing." If we could gain salvation (righteousness) through being good (keeping the law) then we didn't need Christ...and He died for NOTHING....He suffered for NOTHING!!! If its something you can do, then you don't need Him. Our salvation is by God's amazing grace!!!
So if the prize is not salvation, what is it? A crown in heaven/a reward for our good deeds here on earth? Yes, we get the crown that lasts forever! A reward in heaven! I want and desire to hear God say, "Well done, My good and faithful servant." I am here on this earth to live for him! Nothing else! What matters the most is having relationships with others and building up the Body of Christ. We run with perseverance in the HOPE that we have that this life will pass...all the pain and suffering of the sinful world....and we will be eternally with our Father!
I also believe that we have an earthly "prize." We get to have a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior on this earth! The race brings us closer to Him on a daily basis. I couldn't do it without my relationship with Him. I need His strength, His grace, His love, His protection, His sufficiency! He endured suffering from sinful man so that I would not grow weary or lose heart. The moment my flesh begins to grow weary and I lose heart, He is there to pick me up and carry me!!!
Thankfully you all run the race with me! We all need encouragement, we all need accountability, we all need relationships! Lets run the race with our eyes on Christ, encouraging one another, learning from one another, teaching one another, glorifying God in our lives so that we will hear, "Well done, My good and faithful servant."
Layered Mediterranean Dip
2 days ago

1 comment:
love this, beth! thanks for starting this up. i will someday have a blog... but, i have a time in mind for the beginning of my blogging journey. in the meantime, i will keep reading many of them on a daily basis!=) thanks for the encouragement and reminder!! love and miss you!
Post a Comment