Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Entertaining is something that I really love. Its hard living in a different town than the rest of my family b/c I would love to host Christmas or Thanksgiving or one of the major holidays at my home. This year, I decided that I was going to take Mother's Day. I love having my family over and knew that it would be a good time for everyone. We may not have the biggest house, but we have plenty of land for everyone to be outside.

My parents actually came to town early and had lunch with us. My mom and I prepped a few things and then my brother's family arrived. Once we were all here and settled, the girls jumped in the car and headed out to shop. :) The boys started a football game. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the "field", but Ken let the boys get some orange spray paint and mark off a football field. I was able to see that "Cowboys" was written across the end of field, which pleased me! :)

Not only did we enjoy shopping and football, but there's always food! :) We had hotdogs, hamburgers, brats, potato salad, coleslaw, chips, queso, salsa, strawberry shortcake and cheesecake cookies. We loved being able to sit on the deck and just enjoy the weather and peaceful country living. My family kept saying how quiet it was. I think Ken and I forget how peaceful it is sometime in the busy-ness of life. I was thankful to enjoy it with my family.


After dinner, there was more football

A family walk to the creek



A visit with the cows...


And the donkey

Flowers were picked


And, a bonfire was built

And, we definitely enjoyed each other!
We really had a fun day! I'm thankful that we could celebrate my mom together.

"We thank you God for our mothers.
I thank you that she gave me life 
and nurtured me all of those years.
She gave me my faith; 
Helped me to know You and to Jesus and His ways. 
She taught me to love and how to sacrifice for others. 
She taught me it was 'okay' to cry 
and to always tell the truth. 
Bless her with all the grace that she needs 
and what you want to give her today.
Help her to feel precious in Your eyes today 
and to know that I love her. 
Give her strength and courage, 
compassion and peace. 
Bless us this day with your love. Amen."
~The Reagan's Mother's Day Prayer (Blue Bloods)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day! I love the setting of your home. It looks so peaceful.

Fran carona said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day! I love the setting of your home. It looks so peaceful.

Judith and Lance said...

Beth -- oh my, seeing these pictures makes me long for open land and the peacefulness of a back yard deck overlooking bales of hay. Although, I love our home and that it's in town theres something to be said for the serenity of where you live. Can I just come over one day and have coffee and read a book one day??