Most of the time, I don't question God's will in the "big picture". I feel I have a pretty good understanding of grace, salvation, that earth is my temporary home, that I am to be a light to this world, the end-times, etc.
What I do struggle with, most of the time, is God's timing. It is rarely my timing. That is a good thing. I can't imagine the things I would have messed up if I had gotten "my way". I got married A LOT later than I had originally planned, but I wouldn't change one single thing about it. It was hard and I heard a lot of encouragement, but it worked out perfectly. Of course, b/c God was in control. I was so worried about my age...and not finding anyone...and if I did, would we be able to have kids before we were too old....and so on. I realized that all of that was out of my control, so I just needed to be content with where I was and with God's timing. As I've gotten older, its been really fun to see other couples and their lives and when they got married and had kids. Ken and I are on the exact plan God has for us.
Lately, my biggest question/struggle is why my house won't sell. Its stressful and frustrating. And some days I even feel like God is punishing me. For what? I don't know. I truly thought I was making the right decision 4 years ago when I bought my house....but now I second guess it. Why won't it sell???? There is nothing wrong with it! For me, its discouraging b/c I have so much sentiment wrapped up in it that I don't understand why people don't just LOVE it!
We are at a loss for what to do next. Leave it on the market? Rent it? Sell it "by owner"? Just when we though it was all figured out, everything fell through and we are back at square-one.
God has taught me many things in my past about His character and His timing. I'm trying very hard to apply what I've learned to this situation. I wish this burden would be lifted from us. I just have to trust that whatever He is working is best. Here is what I know:
~His timing is ALWAYS perfect.
~His plan is ALWAYS best.
~He knows me (and Ken & I) better than I know myself.
~He goes exceedingly, abundantly above anything I could ever imagine!
~If we knew the outcome or what to do all the time, there wouldn't be a need to trust Him or have a relationship with Him.
~He will NEVER leave me or forsake me!
~He has NEVER failed me!
3 Soup Recipes for Fall | HomeLife Recipes
21 hours ago

1 comment:
You have been a great example to me on waiting on God's timing and I am still praying for your house to sell quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment