Oh how we love Ft. Worth! :) We woke up to a knock at our door with coffee and juice (and a diet coke!) with bagels and cream cheese! We watched some TV while we ate and then got ready. We headed into town and walked around Sundance Square. There are a few stores there...some are touristy and others aren't. We love looking at boots! The
western store they have in the Square is very NICE! Its very upscale!!! The boots I liked ranged from $395-$950! They are VERY fabulous! :) From there we decided to go to a
jewelry store that sold Rolex. Ken has really been interested in buying one and he wanted to actually look at them in person. Not only did we look at Rolex, but Tag Heuer as well. And, for me???? Well, I decided to look at engagement/wedding rings. Why? I don't know!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine, but there is just something about trying on fabulously expensive rings that is just fun to me! I wouldn't trade mine for anything, but I'd take a little BLING for my right hand!!!! :) Maybe one day!!!
For lunch, we headed to
"The Flying Saucer"! I had told Ken so much about their homemade soft pretzels and I was very excited to have one again!!!!! We had pretzels with three dipping sauces...plus Ken had pizza and I had a snack tray with smokes salmon, two kinds of cheeses, almonds and olives! YUMMY!!!!!


Despite the stinkin' HOT weather, we wandered around downtown.



I have always loved this building, but never walked all the way to it. I learned this time that its City Hall! Its beautiful!


On our way back to the hotel, we walked through the Ft. Worth Water Gardens. Its a park right across the street from the Omni. It was very interesting, but really too hot to enjoy for a long time.



We headed to the hotel and got cooled off before we went to the
Ft. Worth Stockyards. 
On Saturdays, there is a trolley that takes people to the Stockyards for free, so it was nice that we didn't have to drive out there. Its not too far from downtown, but we didn't want to try to find it on our own. Once there, we made it just in time for the
cattle drive!!!!!







It was really cool to see the longhorns just mosey down the street. Then we did a little shopping and a little tour of
Billy Bob's, of course!!!! :)




LOVE Billy Bob's!!!! I wish we had been there on a weekend for a good concert. And, it wouldn't have been a GREAT trip without seeing my friend JJ's (the drummer for the Great Divide) handprint!!!!!!

That's okay...we can always go back! We tried to keep out of the heat as much as possible...and finally found our way to
"Cattleman's". Oh my gosh!!! Its so good!!!! And, we ate way too much!!!! We were full and happy and heading back to the hotel! :)


And lucky for my husband, I left the camera in the hotel room the rest of the night. We went to the third floor where the pool is on the roof. They also have a little
pool-side bar and we spent the rest of the evening there.
3 comments:
I'm ready to go back! Mainly just for the yummy food! =)
Next time you go to Ft. Worth you need to eat at "H3". It's the restaurant in the Stockyards Hotel. There is also a bar in the hotel called Booger Reds. They are a must!! We LOVE them both! Also, Did you go in Maverick? It's on the corner of Exchange and Main, right across from the Hotel AND there is also a Leddy's in the stockyards too! OMG, how I love it down there :) I'm so glad ya'll do too!!
what a FUN trip! so glad you two were able to get away & enjoy yourselves so much. can you believe that we lived in dallas four years and never once made it to ft worth?! i am still ashamed. ;-)
Post a Comment