I completely fell in love with yoga! I've been doing it since January and continued to get better and stronger. It was so awesome to me to see my physical strength changing. I got so excited when I achieved something new. My biggest accomplishment was the headstand...by myself!
Rossi! She has definitely become one of our new favorite things. :)
Friday nights on the deck with dinner and wine. We both love this!!! God has really blessed us with a beautiful Spring and we have taken advantage of every single moment we can! We bought a new table for the deck and its been amazing. We enjoy dinners, breakfast, reading, entertaining friends, or a nice glass of wine.
Dinners with Michelle resumed at Roma's in Guthrie!!! Plus, I get to see Miss Evi!!!
We found a new church. We felt at home the first Sunday we went. The people are awesome! We both know this is exactly where God has placed us. They have some incredible ministries and we are excited to have church family again!
Date nights! These are always my favorites. Anytime I can spend one-on-one time with husband is a perfect night for me! Most of the time we spend our date nights in our own town. But there have been a few we've been able to go to OKC or Tulsa. Our favorite in-town spots are Louie's, Zannoti's Wine Bar, Palamino's, and Brooklyn's. When we go to OKC and Tulsa, we like to try new places. The past few months, we've gone to El Guapo's (Tulsa), Swaddley's BBQ (OKC), Roosters (Hennessey), Johnnie's Grill (El Reno), Momma Roja's (OKC), Mutt's Amazing Dogs (OKC), and In The Raw (OKC or Tulsa). One of our most fun date nights was going to OKC for Ken's induction into the Honor Society at his Alma Mater, then drinks at Red.
Speaking of Roosters - this is one of our favorite fried chicken joints. I'm not a huge "fried" fan, but I do love their chicken. Its a little bar in Hennesey, OK and they have GREAT chicken and lots of sides!!! We stopped here for lunch on our way to trade in my truck.
I never thought the day would come where I knew it was time to get a more "grown up" car. I definitely thought it would be b/c of kids. And, I guess for us, it was for the kids. We swapped in the old truck for a "crossover" vehicle, the Ford Edge. The truck just wasn't working for our family anymore now that we don't have a big dog, but added another little dog. They can't ride in the bed and we have to travel with Rossi's crate now. Plus, when we thought about Christmas and other holidays where we are carting the dogs, bags gifts, and food, having two trucks just wasn't cutting it anymore.
Life with these two is always entertaining!!! Ruger hasn't been in a crate since he was under a year old. He either thought he wanted to try it out since Rossi was in there so much, or he missed the blanket we used to leave on the couch and decided to nap on it. :)
My hubs took a little trip to Colorado with a buddy that owns a Longhorn ranch. They went to drop some cattle off and made a 24-hour trip of it. It was definitely a treat for KP because he absolutely LOVES Colorado!
Every year in the Spring I have to mention how much I love where we live! Its so gorgeous!! This year, Spring has been amazing! warm days and cool nights. I've had to leave my sweaters out longer than usual. And, we've had many more deck-nights than we've had in the past.
We love the sunsets!
And, Rossi got to experience her first bonfire...
While its an "old hat" to Ruger, he LOVES sitting by the fire and being warm!
Speaking of Ruger, we celebrated his 7th birthday in May! He got his special card from Jenny (and the non-furry C family as well). Plus, I took off early and we spent some quality one-on-one time together....something that's hard to come by now with Rossi jumping in my face every second.
He also enjoyed his version of a birthday cake with treats from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
The reason that Ruger and I were able to have that one-on-one time was b/c Miss Rossi had surgery. We were planning to have her spayed closer to her 1st birthday, but it just worked out that it happened earlier...and on Ruger's b-day.
I just love this man :) Just had to throw that in the middle!
In May, KP's mom, sister and her two boys made their way to Oklahoma from Minnesota. We had so much fun with them! They were only here for an afternoon and overnight, but it was so great! We pretty much stayed outside the entire time. The boys loved being on Uncle Kenny's tractor...especially when they were chasing there momma on it (see the pictures below).
All the boys together...Ruger was definitely not going to be left out of the fun!
I love this picture b/c Tyler is laughing hysterically....
Because he was chasing his mom through the yard!!!
We enjoyed wine and grilled burgers! And, lots of talking and fellowship!
Tyler became my photog side-kick! :)
Memorial Day weekend around our house is usually uneventful, so we were THRILLED when our friends decided to make a weekend trip. They stayed with us Friday night and then we all went to OKC on Saturday. We enjoyed being outside and making our way through downtown. The Devon Corp has done a beautiful job on the new landscaping of downtown around their new skyscraper building. Its just gorgeous! We had a great time playing with Miss Avery and definitely rekindling an old friendship and building a new one. I love seeing God move and provide in different seasons of our lives!






1 comment:
Love seeing pics of your sweet pups!
Post a Comment