The hubs usually gets off work a little early on Fridays, so after dinner we spent some time outside. It was unusually cold. Our neighbor had given us permission to pick as many blackberries as we wanted and I noticed that all the hornets and bees that usually swarm the bushes were not there!!! We grabbed a bowl and started picking!!!!
It was a beautiful night! I love that we can now stay outside until at least 9pm because its getting dark later and later. This was also one of those nights where we had so much fun just being together that I wanted to remember it forever. There was nothing in particular that made it wonderful, it was just good conversation and enjoying an evening together.
This was one of my favorite nights we've ever had! :)
Saturday mornings are always my favorite! I usually get up by myself. I love it because I get the house and the deck all to myself in all its quiet-glory. Early June had some beautiful and cool mornings. I took advantage of as many as I could. I'd grab my 5 books that I had started, my coffee, a notebook, my computer, and my phone. Usually I don't really know where I'll start my quiet time, so I just bring everything. Saturday mornings, I usually like to get on the computer and watch some of my favorite pastors across the nation.
I love being on our deck in the mornings! Its always quiet, but I love the early morning light and weather. The back pasture is my favorite view! :)
The family always joins me when they get up too! They will always be my favorite!I love waking up to and spending my mornings with my favorite person! I love that we both love spending the mornings outside and with COFFEE! :)
One of my new favorite things is how Rossi sits. Usually her back legs are crossed and she looks so dainty. But it just cracks me up that she kicks her legs out like that.
Of course, this is one my favorite things!!! Coffee is like a vacation in a cup! We love when we're on vacation to start our morning with coffee and I realized this month just how much it takes me back to memories of some of our vacations. So, I now soak it in when I'm having my morning coffee!!! Menu planning is definitely one of my favorite things! I've always liked to cook, but baking was more fun because I could take it all to work when I was single. When I got married, I really found a love for cooking! It was so fun to be able to make new recipes now that I wasn't cooking for just myself. Every week I print off my menu plan and start looking for recipes. Its very rare that I make the same things. I like to try new recipes so often, there are few recipes that I repeat. I love sitting down with my computer and cookbooks and figure out the next week. :)
I'm pretty sure everyone in Oklahoma is super excited for the OKC Thunder! We've never been much for professional basketball, but now we actually have a home team to cheer for. We got into the playoffs at the very end of the season last year, but we were in it from the beginning this year. The Thunder have played so well and we've really enjoyed getting into the games.
Now that we don't have a cat, we've had some new little friends around the house. The cardinals and blue jays are everywhere!!! Now, the cardinals have a nest right off our deck! I can't wait to see the little babies!!!!
My latest favorite thing FINALLY arrived!!! Two weeks into June, our bushes right off the deck are finally blooming!!! I've been waiting all Spring! I think since we had such a cool Spring, it took longer for them to bloom. There are only a few that have come out, so I anxiously await for the bushes to be full of flowers!!!
Thankful that God reminds me to appreciate the little things in life! Things that I won't have forever, but I appreciate in the moment. What are some of your favorite things of the summer so far?

2 comments:
Love, Love, LOVE the picture of Kenny with the bowl! And Rossi is soooo adorable! La, la!
I know what you mean about loving all the little things. I enjoyed reading this. I found you through "Imparting Grace". Blessings! Kathy
Post a Comment