Thursday, October 7, 2010

Let's Talk Wedding: Getting Ready

I'm so thankful I was able to get ready for my wedding at home. I had always wanted to have my wedding in my backyard, so it was nice to at least get ready there. It was fun getting my hair fixed and doing my make-up in my mom and dad's room. Michelle had made a CD full of lovey, wedding type songs and we were playing it loudly. :) Ruger wouldn't leave my side, which is pretty typical when we are at my parents' house. He just sat there and watched all the activity. While I was doing my makeup, Michelle was getting her hair fixed. She and I would head downtown so she could help with my dress. The rest of the girls were getting their hair fixed a little bit later and then meeting us downtown for pictures. (There are a few pictures missing and I am hoping to find them and will add them later).

I knew early on that I would need a place to put my dress on. I was worried about driving downtown in it...plus, I wanted some professional shots of me getting dressed. My mom and I brainstormed about where we could do this. We thought about hotels, but didn't want to pay for one. We finally thought about churches! First United Methodist in downtown Tulsa was kind enough to let us use a room for free.

Here we go....Let the BIG DAY begin!!!! :) I'm going to see Ken for the first time that day....

No comments: