Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Let's Talk Wedding: The Church

We decided to get married in Tulsa because all of my family lives there and most of Ken's family does too. It just made more sense so that the majority of our family wasn't paying for a hotel. Plus, I had A LOT more options in planning! :) The first decision was where to get married. I grew up in two churches. We didn't really have ties to either of them after I was in college. When I was "planning" in college (come on....most of girls did it!), I just thought when my time came, I would pick a church that was pretty. I consider my home church and church family to be where Ken and I live, so I wasn't really going for a sentimental place. However, I picked a place that was sentimental for my mom AND it was BEAUTIFUL....well, it was GOING TO BE beautiful. My parent's church is where we decided to get married, and they were building a brand new place of worship. These pictures show the progression of the construction (at least what we were able to get in there and take pictures of)....which was going on, literally, up until the WEEK OF THE WEDDING! Seriously...it was STRESSFUL! About two weeks before the wedding, we thought we were going to have to move it b/c there had been so much rain that they couldn't lay the concrete outside. It was scary, but God truly gave me a peace about it and was convicting me to just trust Him. He brought me back to my main goal: At the end of the day, no matter what, we will be married! Thankfully, everything went perfectly! :)

This is the main entry/lobby area:This is the auditorium in July: In August:
On the wedding day:
The congregation had the chance to sign the concrete floor before they laid the carpet in the new building. My mom went to the stage and signed mine and Ken's name. She wrote it right where we would stand and take our vows.Standing VERY close to where my mom signed our names. :)
This is the sculpture of what the church would look like in the end. The church had this on display in the former lobby area. The outside...finished perfectly and just in time!!!! Praise the Lord, for He ALONE is good!

No comments: