Monday, November 21, 2011

30DT: Day 21

I'm thankful for small acts of kindness. As I was driving home from work today, it was raining. It wasn't pouring, but it wasn't a light drizzle either. There were people everywhere trying to get home from work and students going home from class. I was driving through an intersection that I had been stopped at and there was this girl waiting to cross the road with her arms crossed and head down, trying to avoid the cold rain as much as possible. She was getting soaked. The boy next her had an umbrella and was digging in his backpack. I could tell by their body language that they didn't know each other. As I drove past the two, I see him pull out a brand new rain poncho and hand it to her. I was so humbled by his kindness. In a world where life moves all to quickly and we see so often that people don't pay attention to anything accept a "to-do" list, its nice to see chivalry still exists.

And, again, it reminds me that I'm so thankful to be apart of the Cowboy Family!

No comments: