Friday, November 11, 2011

Let's Catch Up

I spent October writing every day about relationships. I didn't get a chance to post about the happenings. :) We celebrated our 2nd anniversary. I loved my flowers soooo very much! Of course, he knows me so well to pick something out that's in a pumpkin! Love!
The weekend that we celebrated Finley's Birthday, we also got to meet a friends little baby and then we drove to Pop's. I'd never been there before so I was excited to finally see it. We bought a 6 pack of different sodas/pops/"cokes" (however you say it). We didn't eat, but the food smelled yummy! :) The following weekend, we got to celebrate a family wedding. It was really nice to see the family and Ken's mom came in town from Minnesota. She stayed with her family for a few days and then came to see us. Sandie's trip really was a blessing. We had a such a great time! We had some great talks and did some fun things. So thankful for the time she spent with us!

She arrived on a Monday night and I had cooked dinner for all of us. We went to the local wine bar, Zannoti's and just enjoyed each other's company!

Tuesday, we took her to Oklahoma City for the day. I suggested we try a new place to eat...and it did not disappoint! We LOVED it! Mutt's has any kind of hot dog you can think of. Its not your typical "coney island". These hot dogs are gourmet!!! You should definitely check out their menu!!! Its not in the best part of town, so its definitely a lunch place. After lunch, we took a very small driving tour of Oklahoma City University. I had several people in my high school class that went to school here before heading to NYC to pursue their broadway career. This school is definitely known for great musicians!

We headed downtown and stopped at Pinkitzel for cupcakes and truffles. :) Cupcakes are my achilles and the hubs is weak for truffles, so we just had to share this with his mom. After some good food and yummy desserts, we went to the new outlet mall. We spent the rest of the day shopping! It was wonderful!!!!!! We definitely found some great deals and were excited about ready-for-winter purchases.

Once it was dark, we left the outlet. Ken wanted to show his mom his college. We drove to Mid-America Christian University to show it off. Its a small University, but he's put in a lot of hard hours and I'm so proud of him! He graduates next month!!!!! YAY!!!!! On our way home, we stopped for dinner at Momma Roja's! This is one of our favorite go-to places. They have great food! We love their large selection of salsas!!!!

Wednesday, we were supposed to take our annual pictures, but the weather was bad. After we talked to the photographer and re-scheduled, we realized we had the entire day ahead of us. We decided to stay around town and show off campus since it was homecoming week. We took her to our favorite hamburger joint and then shopping before we went to OSU. We ended the day with $6 pizzas at Joseppi's. Our FAVORITE Wednesday night dinner spot!

On Thursday, I had to go back to work. I met them for lunch, but they enjoyed their day together. I was so suprised when I got home to find this.... I LOVE IT! I never know where to start when putting something like this together. I have been wanting to buy some mums and Sandie surprised me with this! I just love looking out my front door and seeing this every day!

Thursday night, Ken treated us to his famous ribs! He's been telling me about these since I met him!!! And, there have been a few of his friends who constantly talk about them. I was excited to try them! It was kinda fun to let him be in charge of dinner. I grabbed a glass of wine and just relaxed while he did all the work! I love cooking, but this was a nice once-in-awhile treat!

Friday morning, Sandie left as I was getting up for work. She had a LONG drive back. We had such a great week with her and thankful for her trip! We loved getting to take her all over the place to all our favorite spots. Look forward to the next visit!

When I got home from work Friday night, I changed clothes and we were out the door to celebrate OSU's Homecoming! Its AMAZING! They have incredible house decs! The sororities and fraternities work so hard and its incredible to see the finished project. The streets are crowded, there's great music, and the wonderful scent of grilled hamburgers and hot dogs is in the air. Its fun to run into people...even though we didn't have much luck since our cell phones weren't working. But, we did manage to see our favorites...The Curran's! After we chatted with our friends, we all took off to see the house decs! Theta Pond lit up and the crowds behind it! One last shot on the way to the car. The Library was lit up with ORANGE!!! GAME DAY!!!! I saw more people at the game just by change than we did with those we were actually trying to see the night before. We had a great time with my dad, my nephew, Mason, and his girlfriend, Mallory. Mason and Mallory I've always wanted to just know the homecoming queen....and this year I finally did! :) I mentor this sweet college girl, Amy and was pumped for her as she walked out on the field as a homecoming attendant. When they announced that she had won, Ken and I screamed like we were proud parents. We looked ridiculous screaming and jumping up and down and taking pictures. Ha! I'm sure we were a sight, but we were so proud of her! She is a beautiful young woman, inside and out! Her love for the Lord is the most precious thing about her. She has the most contagious smile and truly loves serving others!

She will represent OSU with dignity and style! The weekend was just crazy, but I got my few minutes with beautiful Caitlin! :) Looking forward to seeing her when the weekend isn't packed full with places to be. The most amazing surprise was seeing my best college friends! They sat RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!!!! I about died when they walked up. I couldn't believe they just happened to have those seats! It was so fun to catch up and for them to meet Ken! After the game, we had dinner with my family and then headed home. Every year the "Newfangled Nest" family spend the weekend at our home. I love it! Its fun to see their family grow and catch up and visit with them. This year, they have a new addition. Little Asa! Jenn and I get an annual picture together. :) One day it will be so fun to go back and compare all of them. Well, maybe not fun for our vanity, but it will just to see all those years of Homecoming! Our friends left on Sunday morning. We decided that we wanted to go to OCU's final production of "Little Shop of Horrors". They were doing this show for Halloween weekend and it was fantastic! The show was performed with limited props and costumes and it was just amazing! I love the creativity when there aren't so many props. We loved it! We can't wait to go back to see more of their performances.

After the performance, we met some friends for dinner at BJ's in north OKC/south Edmond.We love our time with Megan and Josh! I love that we have date nights. And, I love the nights we just hang out at their house with their sweet kids. Their friendship is truly a blessing to us!

That was October for us! We loved every minute of it! Its one of my favorite months, but I get super excited when November 1st rolls around!!!

1 comment:

mlc said...

I need these pictures of us from Homecoming!