The doors close.
Its just my dad and me. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm so very thankful that I'd already had the chance to see Ken. I'm trying to take in EVERY single second. Deep breaths so I can remember as much as possible.
I hear the traditional "Bridal March" start inside. Its playing for me....finally, after years of waiting, it was playing for me. I was the one in the white dress. I had found my one and only. I had asked my dad a month before the wedding if he was sad. He said, "what do you mean?" I explained that he and I had watched "Father of the Bride" so many times, I just expected him to think he was losing me...even though I knew he wasn't. He told me that he and my mom had talked about that too. He had asked her the same question. He told me that he wasn't sad. He trusted Ken and liked him so much and knew that I would be taken care of. All of that made him "not sad". I was so thankful I had found exactly what we had all prayed for. More than anything, I was so thankful that my dad didn't feel like he was losing me. He was so calm. It made me calm. I was able to walk down the aisle with my first love, who I'd known for the first 31 years of my life, so that he could give me to the man I had fallen madly in love with...who would know and love me for the next 30+ years of my life.
The doors open.
My future stands at the end of an aisle. I can't wait to be with him. But, I take my time b/c I enjoy every moment with my dad...we get this moment only one time.
He talks to me the whole way down the aisle. I think it kept both of us from crying.

I stop to hug my mom.
And then, I was standing at the front of the church with my dad and Ken.
That's all I remember.
I KNOW what happens after that, but honestly, I don't remember one single thing after that (well, except Nicole and her AMAZING voice singing Celine).
I know my dad gave me away.
The little ones waited so patiently.


Once my dad gave me away, he and all the junior bridal party and the little kids went to sit with their families.
We walked up the stage to a very special song I had dedicated to my mom and dad.
JB talked about marriage and the precious gift of salvation.
We said vows.
We exchanged rings.
JB prayed for us and our marriage, and gave praise for our union and commitment.
We were pronounced "husband and wife".
He kissed the bride!
JB introduced us as "Mr. and Mrs. Ken P.!!!!!!
But, I don't remember any of it (Thank you, Lord, for pictures!). The next thing I remember is walking back down the aisle with my HUSBAND!


The wedding coordinator at the church was so good to think about putting the two of us in a room by ourselves. It was so nice just to sit with him and be alone for 2 seconds. Michelle did come in and help me switch shoes, but other than that, we were able to sit and relax until they got everyone outside for the exit. The other thing I thought was a great idea was the church put all the bridal party and family in a big room until the guests were outside. They didn't want the guests to stop our parents or family members since we were trying to get to the reception.
Its just my dad and me. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm so very thankful that I'd already had the chance to see Ken. I'm trying to take in EVERY single second. Deep breaths so I can remember as much as possible.I hear the traditional "Bridal March" start inside. Its playing for me....finally, after years of waiting, it was playing for me. I was the one in the white dress. I had found my one and only. I had asked my dad a month before the wedding if he was sad. He said, "what do you mean?" I explained that he and I had watched "Father of the Bride" so many times, I just expected him to think he was losing me...even though I knew he wasn't. He told me that he and my mom had talked about that too. He had asked her the same question. He told me that he wasn't sad. He trusted Ken and liked him so much and knew that I would be taken care of. All of that made him "not sad". I was so thankful I had found exactly what we had all prayed for. More than anything, I was so thankful that my dad didn't feel like he was losing me. He was so calm. It made me calm. I was able to walk down the aisle with my first love, who I'd known for the first 31 years of my life, so that he could give me to the man I had fallen madly in love with...who would know and love me for the next 30+ years of my life.
The doors open.
My future stands at the end of an aisle. I can't wait to be with him. But, I take my time b/c I enjoy every moment with my dad...we get this moment only one time.
He talks to me the whole way down the aisle. I think it kept both of us from crying.

I stop to hug my mom.
And then, I was standing at the front of the church with my dad and Ken.
That's all I remember.I KNOW what happens after that, but honestly, I don't remember one single thing after that (well, except Nicole and her AMAZING voice singing Celine).
I know my dad gave me away.
The little ones waited so patiently.


Once my dad gave me away, he and all the junior bridal party and the little kids went to sit with their families.
We walked up the stage to a very special song I had dedicated to my mom and dad.
JB talked about marriage and the precious gift of salvation.
We said vows.
We exchanged rings.
JB prayed for us and our marriage, and gave praise for our union and commitment.
We were pronounced "husband and wife".
He kissed the bride!
JB introduced us as "Mr. and Mrs. Ken P.!!!!!!
But, I don't remember any of it (Thank you, Lord, for pictures!). The next thing I remember is walking back down the aisle with my HUSBAND!


The wedding coordinator at the church was so good to think about putting the two of us in a room by ourselves. It was so nice just to sit with him and be alone for 2 seconds. Michelle did come in and help me switch shoes, but other than that, we were able to sit and relax until they got everyone outside for the exit. The other thing I thought was a great idea was the church put all the bridal party and family in a big room until the guests were outside. They didn't want the guests to stop our parents or family members since we were trying to get to the reception.

1 comment:
Umm, how have I never seen the purple bows on the doors?!?! Those looked so good!!!!!! How could I have missed that picture!
I pray that someday Finley will have the kind of relationship with Devin that you have with your dad. It is such a sweet one and I love knowing that your dad loves Kenny as much as you do!
Post a Comment