Friday, January 14, 2011

Let's Talk Wedding: While We Waited

Once the pictures were over, we all headed back to the church's gym. There were classrooms off the gym and we all had one...the kids, me with the girls, and Ken with the guys. All the family mainly hung out in the gym area where we had some food, drinks and coffee. We took a few more pictures. I ate some food. I touched up my make-up. And, then I waited. This seemed like the longest part of the day. It was hard for me to not run out and say hit to everyone. I was able to grab a few special people that I saw and hug a few necks. At one point, it was just me in my room...so, I just walked over to Ken's room. My dad said, "you can't go in there!!!". I said, "Yes! I can....he's already seen me!". I have to say that was one of the nicest things b/c I wasn't stressed out waiting to see him. I ran over there and just said hi!!!

This picture cracks me up!!!!! I made the comment that when I get nervous, my stomach starts acting up. When I sing at church, my stomach hurts EVERY time...it never fails!!!!! So, I think my aunt went and got this for me...just in case. haha!!!! Our photographer thought it was HILARIOUS!!!!! She just had to have a picture. FYI....it never got used!

My mom wanted this picture with the feet of my grandmother, my mom and me. I have no idea. She said I would find out later, but I have yet to see it.
This was a picture that I wanted from the beginning. I saw it from another wedding and I thought it was cute. It reminds me of getting my pedicure before the wedding. I got it done in my home town before I headed to Tulsa, but it got messed up. Then I got it done in Tulsa....and it got messed up. So, I finally just touched it up myself. Ridiculous!!!!! I was so frustrated, but it was fine in the end. It reminds me of what I told myself the entire time I was planning..."No matter what, we will get married at the end of the day." I knew that even if I had a big ugly spot on my dress, or one of our attendants didn't make it (which almost happened), or whatever....we would still get married. The wedding is not what makes the marriage. That little statement relieved a lot of stress for me and truly made me enjoy each moment....b/c nothing was going to stop us from the end result!
The family waited in the lobby and visited until it was their turn to get in line.
Even the kids found ways to make the best of the wait!
Earlier in the day, I had Michelle take a card to Ken. Just a little note I wrote him.
Here I am, peeking!!!! Waiting to see if I can come out yet! :)
Spence, waiting in line....
This picture makes me laugh! I look SOOOO nervous and my dad is just as calm as can be. My stomach was flipping and I was starting to shake (that's what I do when I get nervous). I wasn't nervous about Ken, just having all those people staring at me. YIKES! I was taking deep breaths! Ready to walk the aisle!
Cannie was getting pretty bored just standing there! :)
Finally ready for their big entrance! My favorite was watching my brother talk to them. He was hunched over talking to them. All I could see was Caleb clapping his hands and encouraging Cannie...like they were in a huddle for sports! Caleb was tellling her, "yeah, Cannie, we can do it" and patting her on the back. I asked Jeff what he was saying and he said, "I told them I'd give them $5 each if they would walk down the aisle without him and without crying." hahahaha! It worked!!!!! They did a GREAT JOB!!!!!

Finally everyone was down the aisle.... Deep breaths!!!! Taking it all in!

No comments: