College. My most favorite time of my life. Well, until now. :) Nothing beats marriage, but that's not the topic today. I loved college! I met so many people and it was the start of many new relationships! I'm thankful that I get to live in my college town and still enjoy the things I did in college. Some people only get to come back occasionally. I have the privilege to walk the campus every single day! Its a beautiful campus and its growing!
I also love that I get to share the traditions of homecoming with my husband now. OSU celebrates with The Walk-Around on Friday night before homecoming. Its the most incredible homecoming in the nation!!!! Seriously, it is! Instead of floats build on trailers pulled by trucks, we have house decs. The fraternities and sororities start working on these the first week of school. As you pass by their houses, you see the guys welding and getting the structures up. You don't see the final creation until Friday before homecoming! They are super impressive!
I also love homecoming because I get to see so many friends.

Meeting up with the
Currans for pictures and a little visiting before we take off to look at the house decs.


Some of the incredible house decs.



Standing out in front of OSU's library with all the orange lights (hard to see). And, out in front of the library each homecoming week, the fountain turns ORANGE!


GAME DAY!!!! I was disappointed that I didn't see many people I knew at Walk-Around, but the game made up for it for sure!

My sweet nephew, Mason, and his girlfriend, Mallory, came with my dad to watch the game. I'm trying to groom them to be future Pokes! :)

One of the sweetest memories of this year's homecoming will definitely be my friend, Amy, getting crowned Homecoming Queen 2011. YAY!!!!!!

My 5 minutes with Caitlin. Sadly, that's about all we got. We know there's a time coming when we'll get to spend more time though. :)

And, the biggest surprise was running into two of my best college friends. I haven't seen them in forever! The just happened to have seat right in front of us! It was so fun to catch up and hug each other! I miss them terribly!

And, of course, Michelle and I needed just one more picture in our game-gear!

Something that has become a tradition for homecoming is that my
friends come to stay with us. I really want to say that its been 5 years since we started this little tradition. I just love it! Every year there seems to be something new going on in our lives whether its new homes, moves to another state and then back again, graduations, new babies, or a wedding. Its been such a blessing to see our families grow. :)

Tradition revolves around relationships. There are very few traditions that hold meaning in our lives that don't involve the memories with share with those we love. Don't have traditions that you love? Start new ones! Commit to them every year and make it something fun that your family will enjoy!
***click here for all 31 days of relationships posts***
No comments:
Post a Comment