Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness, Day 10

November 10, 2010 - At first thought, I was going to say that I am so very thankful that I've been given the opportunity to work in my dad's office again. Its not really a place that I wanted to work in college, but now since the job-switch, Ken and I have been working there once a week. Today I went by myself b/c Ken wasn't feeling all that great. I decided to work half day and then head out to do some shopping. I love being at the office and hearing my dad talk to people. He is SO good at what he does. Its IMPRESSIVE! I never really noticed it before. I love being an adult and seeing my parents be "people".

Today, I have two things.

I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with Emily today. Like I've been saying...I have just noticed how desperately I've needed some girl-time lately. I LOVE being with Ken and choose him over pretty much anything...and I like it that way. However, I was starting to get a little restless with just being at home all the time and realized (for HIS and my sake) that I needed a day fully consumed with girl-talk. :) Enter TODAY (well, at least after a 1/2 day of working)!!! Emily and I met at The Olive Garden for lunch and it was NON-STOP talking!!!! Then we shopped....and talked, and talked, and talked. It was SO fun and VERY needed! I'm thankful that she allowed me to "dump" all my life onto her. :) I'm thankful for a day of girly-ness...and I'm sure my husband appreciates it too. While, he loves talking to me and is a fabulous listener....there are just some things that he would rather me gush about with the girls. Thank you Lord for girlfriends!
And, I loved coming home to my little family. Yes, my FAMILY....my husband, my German Shepherd, and my sweet Frenchie. They definitely brighten my day! I'm so thankful that I have a family to come to. (Okay...this really made three things!)

It was a very good day! I am blessed!

No comments: