Monday, November 15, 2010
30 Days of Thankfulness, Day 15
November 15, 2010 - I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm thankful for today. I know there are many things...that I'm alive, for my house, my dogs, my friends, my family, etc., but today was a disappointing day. My whole focal point revolved around a city council meeting and we were all extremely let down. This is not where I want to talk about all the details, so I will save it for later. However, two of our friends are losing their jobs. I feel selfish to say that I am thankful for my husband's new job, but I really am. I am thankful where God safely brought us...it truly is a blessing and I don't want to over-look that blessing. However, it doesn't make me feel better about what happened tonight. So, I know that when I am extremely let down by this life, when my focus sets on something of this world, when life is disappointing, and when its hard to find something to be thankful for, God reminds me that in those moments we can be thankful for His grace and gift of salvation. So, today I'm thankful for that..."For God so loved the world, that he sent His only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." When this life gets us down, I'm SO thankful that my God has saved me from eternal separation from Him...and that I have hope, because of Him alone, that I will leave this sinful and fallen world one day to be with Him for eternity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment